While it's true that some people are born with a creative mind, it doesn't mean that creative thinking can't be learned and developed.
You may even believe that you don't have a creative bone in your body, but this simply isn't true. If you weren't capable of some type of creative thinking, you'd be a robot!
Believing In Yourself
The first step toward creative thinking is the belief that you can acquire and develop the skill. The truth is that, if you continue to set up a mental roadblock and tell yourself that you can't think creatively, you'll never get past this first step.
When you truly believe in yourself, you also open up doors. The possibilities are endless just because you decided to give creative thinking a shot.
In order to foster creativity in your life, start thinking about where you want to apply your newfound creativity. It'll help, at least at first, to have a specific goal instead of the broad goal of just "thinking" creatively overall.
You might start with discovering better solutions to common problems at the office, or you might want to broaden your horizons with an artistic goal in your free time.
No matter what your goal is, try applying some of these creativity boosting tips:
1.Spend time brainstorming. When looking for ideas for a project - or solutions to a challenge - write down everythingthat comes to mind without holding back. Don't worry about logistics or staying organized; just let your mind go free.
2.Change your surroundings. You may have noticed that your patterns of thinking change when you're in different places. If you find that your mind is stuck, try changing your environment. Go out for some fresh air or hang out in a coffee shop. It may be just what you need in order to discover a new and exciting idea.
3.Take notes. Always carry some kind of note taking device with you, whether it's paper or a mobile device. Recordyour ideas as they come to you, no matter where you are at the time. Creative thoughts can come and go, but if you write them down you won't forget them.
4.Research your topics. Even though it may seem boring, you can do some research online. When you do, you'll learn that knowledge is power and it'll enable your brain to get to a place it wouldn't normally have gone.
Consider Other Perspectives
While everyone comes with their own unique set of abilities and opinions, when you develop your creativity, you learn how to come up with new ideas and solve problems from different points of view.
No matter what challenge you're faced with, spend time considering the perspective of others. While you might not share the opinion of another, see if you can figure out how or why they have that view. Think about how they feel. Developing this empathy will keep your mind open, which will always foster creativity.
And of course there’s always just jumping right in! Buy some clay and sculpt something. Grab a pencil and draw something. Or play a game that helps fuel creativity like What The Film?!
When you get into the habit of using these tips often, you'll be pleased to see outbursts of creativity!
#sculpt #draw #6crickets #creativity #research #takenotes #change #brainstorm #games #boardgames #lethalchickengames #whatthefilm #lethalchicken #watchmesculpt #watchmedraw #watchmedrawsculpt #creativethinging #creativethinker #believeinyourself #art #onlineartclass
How to Double Your Creativity
Who wouldn't like to be more creative? You might think you have no creativity at all, but that's untrue. You're incredibly creative! You created the life you have, even if it was unintentional. Being creative in a more intentional manner is something that most would find beneficial.
Learn these strategies to release and enhance your creativity:
1. Try new things. Our thoughts and decisions are largely based on our experiences. Start trying new things.
* For example, if you go skydiving or take a Watch Me Sculpt class for the first time, you're bound to have a new perspective on the world.
2. Look to your past. When have you had your best ideas? John Denver stated that he wrote his best songs after performing a stimulating outdoor activity, such as downhill skiing or flying his airplane.
* It's common to experience high levels of creativity when the mind is partially engaged, but still free to roam. Situations like mowing the grass or taking a shower would meet the criteria.
3. Embrace austerity. Life can be way too chaotic. Go camping with nothing but a tent, sleeping bag, and bottle of water. Leave the distractions at home!
4. Focus on finding solutions as you fall asleep. Put your subconscious to work for the eight hours you spend sleeping each night.
5. Change the location. Have you ever noticed that you think the same thoughts in a given location? You think one way at home. At work, your thought processes are different. If you need to be more creative, try someplace different. Spend the afternoon walking in the woods or sitting at the bookstore.
* A change of scenery can allow you to think new, creative thoughts!
6. Choose your moments. While it's unwise to sit back and wait for inspiration to hit, it's possible to apply your creative talents during more appropriate circumstances. If you're sick and grumpy, it's probably a bad time to brainstorm. But you won't know unless you try.
* Take advantage of the periods of time when your mind is clear and alert.
7. Exercise. Many believe that movement and creativity are closely linked. Going for a run or playing a round of golf can help get the creative juices flowing. If you need a brilliant solution, try moving your body more.
8. Stay up late. Removed from the stimulation and clutter of the day, it's possible you'll be more creative in the late hours of the evening. Another possibility is getting up an hour earlier and spending some time in the peace and quiet.
9. Listen to music. Einstein claimed listening to Mozart enhanced his creativity. Consider how different types of music impact your thoughts and emotions. Experiment.
10. Meditate or get a massage. Anything that relaxes your mind can be beneficial to your creativity. Perhaps you're only a nap away from an earth-shattering idea.
11. Practice visualization. Visualize yourself in unique circumstance, but focus on more than the visual aspects. Hear, see, feel, and smell the situation, too.
* Stretching your brain and using it in new ways can enhance your creativity.
There are many ways to double your creativity. It's largely a matter of trial and error to see which methods work for you. Whether you want to write the perfect song or solve a problem at work, having a higher level of creativity can only help.